1. Who we are
- Noorlanden Greenhouse Service and Supplies B.V. , a limited company registered in the Netherlands (chamber of commerce number: 73562998), whose registered office is Mary Zeldenruststraat 9, Schiedam, 3123 SP, Zuid Holland, The Netherlands.
2. Your Privacy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- what personal information we collect;
- why we collect this information;
- how we will use it;
- how long we will keep it;
- who else will see it;
- how you can contact us;
- your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
When using our website we will also place cookies on your device – please see our Cookies page for more information about the cookies we use and how you can change your cookie settings.
As described below, we may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a controller in their own right (see Section 7 for further details).
3. What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information:
(a) Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us, we may ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
- your name;
- your postal/delivery address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your profession;
- a password – please keep this safe;
- whether you would like to receive information from us via email, SMS text, post or telephone;
- if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
- information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Digital Services. This includes information provided by you at the time of becoming a registered user of our Website
(b) Information we collect about how you use our Digital Services and when you shop with us
- When you shop with us instore, online, browse our Websites or other organisations’ websites where our adverts are shown, or use our Digital Services, we may collect:
- information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
- product selection;
- cookies and information about your online browsing behaviour and history on our Digital Services, your location, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
- details of your purchases with or through us;
- information that you provide to us by using our Digital Services, including any photos you have uploaded on our web and mobile platforms and applications;
- information contained in and records of communications between us, including recordings of telephone calls when you contact us and instant messaging applications;
- information about your preferences in connection with our Digital Services, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on our Digital Services;
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises; and in the event that you have an accident while on our premises that you bring to our
Please note that if you register an account and/or shop online with us, we will be able to link the information collected from you before registration and/or your online purchase (such as your online browsing behaviour) to your account and future information that we collect after registration and/or your online purchase.
4. Why do we ask for this information?
When you place an order we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices.
We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material via email so that we can send you special offers and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time:
- Using the contact us form on our website.
- by notifying us via email at email@example.com; or
- by writing to Noorlanden Customer Services, Mary Zeldenruststraat 9, Schiedam, 3123 SP, Zuid Holland, The Netherlands.
You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website.
Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this marketing information from us, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you purchase. We may also offer you the opportunity to indicate the specific types of marketing communications you are particularly interested in receiving from us; where possible, we will tailor the communications you receive to reflect your choices, but we may send you other communications that may be of interest to you.
5. How do we use your personal information
We have set out below the purposes for which we use your personal information. We are also required by law to state a “legal basis for processing”, i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are), or that we need to use your personal information to comply with law.
|How do we use your personal information|
|PURPOSE OF PROCESSING||OUR LEGAL BASIS|
|+ carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us for example, we will use your payment details and delivery address to process and fulfil your order(s), and to communicate with you about your order for a service or product;||Contractual necessity – we use your personal information in order to meet our obligations under our contract with you (for example, to deliver a product you have ordered).|
|+ communicate with you about your order for a product or service;||Contractual necessity – we use your personal information in order to meet our obligations under our contract with you (for example, to deliver a product you have ordered).|
|+ notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you. For example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;||Legitimate interests – we use your personal information to keep you up to date with information about our services, and to respond to your queries.|
|+ provide you with information about products and services, including free gifts, special offers and discounts;||Legitimate interests – we use your personal information to provide you with this information. In some cases (such as where we’re required to do so by law) we will ask for your consent before sending you this information (in which case we rely on consent and not legitimate interests as our legal basis).|
|+ review your past purchases and viewing history on our website to provide you with special offers or to tailor your experience online;||Legitimate interests – we use your personal information to provide you with these offers and to tailor your experience when using our online services.|
|+ address any claims made against us. For example, we may share details of our accident logs and CCTV footage with our claims handlers and insurers in connection with any claim made or likely to be made against us;||Legitimate interests – we use your personal information to address any claims that are made against us. In some cases we may also be under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information (for example, in connection with legal proceedings).|
|Legal proceedings – Where the personal information constitutes special categories of personal data (for instance, health information), we will process the information on the basis that it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (as the case may be).|
|+ in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order);||Compliance with legal obligation – we process your personal information in order for us to comply with our legal obligations.|
|+ in order to enforce or apply our Digital Services Ts&Cs, Terms and Conditions of Sale, Supply & Install Terms or other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates)), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.||Legitimate Interests – we process your personal information in order to conduct and manage our business|
Our Digital Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
6. How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
7. Who do we share your personal information with?
We will share your personal information with our delivery partners, for example DHL. This is essential to get your order transported to you.
We will also share your personal information with our payment provider, Mollie.com, so that they can process the financial transaction from the webstore.
We will not share your data with any other third party; for example for marketing or data collection purposes.